Monday, January 01, 2007

Travelling in Laos - Complaint time, and the inevitable comparison to Nepal


1. Although traveling is not as hard as I expected, it does take quite a while in Laos. A journey starts early in the morning and can take several hours. Being a long person, it usually leaves me in quite a tired state, rendering the rest of the day for any other activity other than resting.

2. In Nepal there are two major locations, Kathmandu and Pokhara, which are a base for most activities. Therefore you just need to travel from Kathmandu to Pokhara and back. There are other places to visit of course, but for me the longest ride was between the two. The trip in Laos, on the other hand, and the next countries, is a journey around. Therefore a nice chunk of it is done travelling. The good thing is that now I go through packing and preparing food supplies for the way quite fast. Another good thing is the views and the experiences you have while traveling, like sharing food with people. The bad is that the 30 days visa to Laos is ticking (It can be easily extended but I have another, not flexible visa waiting for me, Australia) and I have to pick my picks.

3. The holiday season.

4. The cool season

No comments: