Friday, December 29, 2006

Winter season

They call this time of the year the cool and dry season, because the weather is much more comfortable. Yeah right. Comfortable until you head North and then freeze. Everywhere I went I froze my majestic bum. I didn't sleep too well and skimped on cold showers, that are not that easy on a slightly warm day. At least now in Luang Prabang the weather is more comfortable, and also the temperature seems to go up a bit.
On a more serious note, I knew what I was heading for. Nevertheless, when we went trekking from Luang Nam Tha, the places where we slept at night were not adequately equipped and we barely managed to have a good night sleep. The positive sides are the lack of mosquitoes, the lack of rain and that I can use the same clothes for a week straight cause I don't sweat. On the other hand, maybe I shouldn't have written that.

No comments: