Friday, January 12, 2007

Private lesson

Phithonn and his aunt

Yesterday I met Phithonn in Wat Si Saket. He is from Phonsavan, but he lives now with his aunt in Vientiane. He studies about computers and programming during the week, English in the weekends and work (I forgot in what). He asked me to come with him to his aunt's place to help him a bit with his exercises. So here I was, trying to warm up those gray cells again.

We worked for a few hours. The language was a barrier that didn't make it easier, but somehow we managed. He had an old programming environment (Borland TC++), which made me remember how it used to be in the old days.

His aunt invited me to have lunch with them. Her family was very nice and generous, although they didn't know a word in English (One of them speaks French. Doesn't help me in this case.). They invited me to visit them when I come back, with my wife ;-)

No comments: