Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy new year!

I wish a happy new year, health and happiness to my family and friends!

I celebrated my new year in a cold and gloomy place in Laos, Phonsavan, which is a base for tourists visiting the plain of jars. Nevertheless, in the guest house a new travel agency branch was opened. Therefore, for this new event, a big party was held. The Georgian new year's was added as a party reason (because the official Lao new year is around April). The guests and me were invited. There was a lot of food (I happened to see the exposed innards of a cow(pig?) before it was BBQed) and too much drinks. The Lao kept on pushing the drinks and so at a certain point I had to just touch my lips to the drink instead of actually drinking. After a while it was too cold and I had an early bus at 7:30, so I thanked the host and quickly sneaked to bed. A liter of water prevented a bad morning afterwards, but made the toilet a busy place during the night.

No comments: