Saturday, October 14, 2006

It has been almost a week I'm abroad and in Kathmandu.

Travelling here was daunting, a three flights day, which went surprisingly well, considering the second flight was delayed. Both foreign flights were quite nice, and allowed me to experiment with some local food, even in "airplane" servings. I especially like the Gulab Jamun, which is an Indian sweet pastry.

I've arrived after 22:00 local time (3:45 hours difference from Israel time, quite weird). I went for the "shuttle" arranged by the hotel I've reserved from Israel. It was quite a scary ride, at the middle of the night, on the "roads" (more like alleys) of Kathmandu, where mostly packs of dogs roam the streets.

The original reserved hotel was full, so they arranged me an alternative hotel, "Madhuban hotel". I've arrived there shaken and went to a jet-lagged sleep, as this is the first time I've been traveling East-ward.

No comments: