Friday, September 07, 2007

Last update (for this trip) and whereabouts

In the last month and a half I've been writing exams, telling about myself to people I've never met and even wearing a suit for the first time! Yes, I was searching for a job in Sydney. During that process I have realized that heading back to Israel will benefit me best professionally at the moment. Therefore I'm packing my stuff and this Saturday, with 21 world leaders (or not, see www.apec.org) I'm flying out of Sydney after six months. I'll spend two nights in Bangkok and on the 10th of September, 23:10, I'll hit the ground of the holy land, 11 months (and two days) after I've left it.

I thank all the people in Sydney, my family, new friends and their friends who hosted me as if we knew each other before (well, some actually did), who have made my visit here so special. I was glad to find that most of you are not riding kangaroos to work, nor fighting crocodiles, eating Vegemite or dodging deadly spiders, and that Max Brener has more branches here than in Israel. I'm glad I came here to find that out myself. If you ever happen to visit Israel don't hesitate to get in touch and I'll take you on a camel ride (kidding, unless you really insist).

For everyone back home, see you very soon!

No comments: