Saturday, June 30, 2007

Status update

Hi! I'm still here. I'm just updating verrrry slow. That's mostly due to being busy and to the amazingly "fast" Internet connections around here.

I'm at Darwin at the moment. I arrived three days ago and I will stay here four more days. This is because I made a mistake by not taking into account the school holidays. All the flights to Sydney are booked and the only seats available are for three times the price. Therefore my flight back to Sydney, and the end of this part of the trip, is on the 16th of July.

The weather here is warm and sunny, blue sky and no cloud in sight. After three weeks on the East coast without a glimpse of the sun, fast winds and rain, I'm not in a hurry to go back to cold Sydney. It was supposed to be the dry season on the East coast, but it wasn't. Even the locals admitted it was a bit weird.

Another reason I'm happy to be here is that I had enough of the East coast. After a while, some of the things repeat themselves. My biggest two disappointments were the Whitsunday islands cruise and Cape Tribulation (I will expand more on it later) which wasn't so special. Of course, everything is relative. Cape Tribulation came right after Mission beach, which gave me all the rain forest I needed. The day after I went on a tour to a place called the Atherton Tablelands. It was much better than the Cape Tribulation tour.

On the 5th of July I am going on an eleven day tour, starting from Darwin and ending up in Alice Springs. The tour is actually made out of three separate tours: A three days Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks tour, three days Darwin to Alice Springs tour and four days center tour. The witty ones noticed that there are actually ten days. The eleventh day is a explore Alice Springs day at your own expense (accommodation included).

After that I will be over with traveling for now.

No comments: